We believe and teach:
The verbal inspiration, authority, truthfulness and inerrancy of the Bible.
The character of the triune God as being utterly holy, absolutely sovereign, and abundant in grace.
The perfect humanity and deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, atoning sacrifice, and bodily resurrection.
The present reign of Jesus Christ in heaven until his glorious personal return at the end of this age.
The present state of men and women as being universally under the condemnation of God due to their thorough pollution as sinners.
The Gospel of the sovereign grace of God that is comprised of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, according to the Scriptures, and excludes all claims of human merit. This gospel is received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
The local church, as an expression of the universal church, is composed of repentant and believing sinners who confess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and submit to His rule and authority as set forth in the Bible.
The mission of the local church is to declare the gospel as the only answer to a corrupt world and edify the body of believers by means of the Word of God and the ordinances.
The character of the Christian as desirous of holiness and godliness in his everyday conversation and lifestyle.
Our vision as believers in Christ is to:
- Proclaim God’s glorious attributes and gospel1 from our mouths2 and from the pulpit3
- 2. Make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ4 by prayerfully ministering the Word of God to the lost and each other5, all by God’s grace and for His glory
We envision that the result of becoming disciple-makers will be that:
- We will vitally grow in knowing God and His Word6
- We will grow in understanding the holiness of God, the depth of our sin, and the grace of Christ
- We will be helped with significant, personal issues in our Christian lives7
- We will see and practice prayer as something absolutely essential to our Christian lives8
- Husbands and fathers will grow as shepherds of their families9
- Those being discipled will in turn disciple others10
- Isa 42:8; 43:7; 1 Pet 2:9-10
- Mark 8:34-35; Luke 9:59-60; 12:8-9; Acts 2:16-18
- Acts 2:42; 2 Tim 4:1-5
- Matt 28:18-20; 1 Cor 10:31-11:1; Eph 4:11-16; Col 3:16; Heb 3:12-13
- Matt 16:18; Acts 2:41-42; 4:31; 6:7; 11:18; 16:14; 19:20; Rom 1:16; Col 1:5-6; 1 Pet 1:23
- 2 Pet 3:18; Phil 3:8-11
- Rom 15:14; Gal 6:1-2; 2 Cor 1:4; 1 Thess 5:11; Heb 10:24-25; James 5:16
- John 15:5
- Deut 6:4-7; Eph 5:25-26; 6:4
- 2 Tim 2:2